Friday, July 01, 2005,11:42 p.m.
Ancestors
I was messing around with pictures of my ancestors today and realized that in one picture of my great-grandmother, Grace Baker, she is sitting reading her bible. That makes me wonder how many of my family from generations back I will meet on the day we all sit down to the supper of the Lamb. And it spurs me on to work and pray all that much harder for those of my family who are alive and still don't want anything to do with Jesus.

I am encouraged when I think of my own beloved grandfather, William Wallace Smith, who decided to walk with Jesus when he was 86 years old, a bare 3 years before going to meet Jesus Himself. I know that God heard the 30 years of our prayers for him.

May the Lord add to the number of His bride even out of our own families - not because they are our 'projects', but because they are dearly loved.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤