Saturday, October 22, 2005,3:33 p.m.
(40 Days of Purpose)
40 DAYS OF PURPOSE
Chapter Twenty-Eight: It Takes Time

Main idea: It takes time to develop maturity - there are no shortcuts.
Most impactful verse: "These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! (Habakkuk 2:3 LB)"
Most impactful concept: God's delay does not mean He has forsaken or forgotten - His timing is perfect for develping our maturity.
Other thoughts: Two little thoughts. One: I like that this chapter suggests keeping a journal. I started doing that a few years ago - tracking the things God was saying and doing in my life - and being able to look over those things even years later has been incredibly encouraging and reminds me, too, of the things He has called me to that I may have let slip or forgotten. I am not (or was not) by nature a journalling kind of person, but what blessings has God bestowed through that discipline! Second little thought: God is never overdue. I love that. It needs no explanation.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤