Thursday, August 09, 2007,9:20 p.m.
A SONG-WRITING / WORSHIP LEADING CHALLENGE
I have been in a really dry place with any sort of song-writing for quite some time now, and so tonight was watching an online video by Tim Hughes that I happened to come across in my wanderings. I got about 80% of the way through and had already heard lots of good stuff when he said this:

"I remember a worship leader friend of mine laying down this challenge: 'Tim, if someone comes to your church and all they do is for one month they just listen to the songs you sing - they don't hear any of the preaching, they don't listen to any of the prayers, they don't hear any of the scriptures read - they just hear the songs. What kind of God would they think that you worship?'"

Whoa. Not just for song-writers but also for worship leaders picking sets every time there's a gathering of the church.

It's a heavy responsibility.
With God's divine help, let's step up.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤