Friday, February 15, 2008,10:40 p.m.
TIDBITS
It was a full week. Full in the sense of things happening and stuff to do; full in the sense of experiencing some measure of the fullness of God.

Main event this week:
Spiritual Emphasis Week in the high school (in a nutshell, three days of Chapel, with a guest speaker and guest worship band)

Main messages from the Lord this week:
Expect Me more. Experience me personally. I am not just Judge and Redeemer and Holiness, I am Father. The walls will (and need to) come down, but all the cool ministry stuff that we see going on now are just leaks in the wall.

Main fresh revelation of God this week:
God is everything. It's simple, but just think about that for a bit - go deep. It all of a sudden just hit me like a tonne of bricks yesterday. EVERYTHING.

Main feeling through this week:
Incredible JOY. Happiness and joy - both. A "bubbling up" kind of joy just in knowing the Lord. What a special thing, when often there is so much leadership and busyness in what I'm called to do that I often don't have the joyous anticipation of knowing I'm going to get up and meet with Him the next morning. This week I couldn't keep the smile off my face. (And yes, it looked weird to most people - especially those in the cars driving beside me....)

Secondary feeling through this week:
Utter exhaustion. I know some people get energized when walking in their gifting, but I almost always feel completely poured out. It's a good feeling, but I definitely feel it. I didn't even lead worship or preach for the whole week, but the exhaustion is still there. (I'm not so sure that the 17-hour day on Wednesday didn't assist in the exhaustion - we are definitely NOT putting the Music Department candygram fundraiser on the same week as Spiritual Emphasis next year!!)

Main prayer request for the weeks to come:
Wisdom to know how to follow up what has been a high for many students, so that it does not fall into the "thrive and dive" category, but is sustainable and we choose to keep going deeper.

God is doing a new thing at our school.
God is doing more new things in the church.
God is doing lots of things in me.
God is willing to do things in you, too.

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Let Your will be done.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤