Wednesday, December 19, 2007,5:30 p.m.
STEALING AWAY
There's something sweet about stealing away to spend a few minutes with Jesus. Near the beginning of my work day today, He asked me to 'steal away' into the empty Chapel with my guitar and just be with Him. I was in a prayer meeting at the time. I was at work at the time (teachers rarely have time to go to the bathroom in the middle of the day - my record so far is an eleven-hour day without a potty break - let alone go sit alone in a room "doing nothing productive" (yes, that's why it's in quotes) for 20 minutes or more). I was supposed to be prepping a sound system, bands, and my own focus on a day of leading worship at all the Chapel services for the school.

But I heard the little voice and stole away. And what a sweet time it was. Just Him and I. Him speaking, me listening. Me worshipping, Him receiving.

Sometimes I want to live my life "stolen away" and in the arms of my Jesus. It's not practical - He's called me to a purpose in this life. But the stolen moments are sweet. And they are so, so important.

Steal away.

Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away.
(Song of Songs 2:13b)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤