Thursday, October 11, 2007,8:08 p.m.
NOT FORGOTTEN
Sometimes when we need it most, God speaks directly to us. For me, it is often through a CD or the radio, whatever the song, Christian or secular. This morning these words played out on my way to work. May they feed your spirit.

I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
I am not forgotten
God knows my name

I am not forgotten
Never forsaken
God knows my name
He knows my name

Be blessed.


Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me."

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

(Isaiah 49:13-16)


(Lyrics are from "Not Forgotten" by Israel Houghton)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤