Monday, November 07, 2005,5:48 p.m.
Final "40 Days of Purpose" Blog
This is it! The last of the "40 Days of Purpose" accountability blogs. I'm done! (Actually, I was supposed to be done a few days ago, but better late than never, in this case....) For those who have never read the book, The Purpose Driven Life, it's actually pretty good, filled with some basic - and extremely important - tenets of our faith. May the Lord bless your pursuit of His truth if you decide to read it!

40 DAYS OF PURPOSE
Chapter Forty: Living With Purpose

Main idea: Similar to the very first chapter, this last one reiterates that it is not about us and our plans, but rather about living our lives for the eternal purposes of God.
Most impactful verse: "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. (John 13:17 NIV)" and "The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. (2 Chronicles 16:9 NLT)"
Most impactful concept: Just these questions to consider throughout our lives: Am I putting Jesus at the centre of my life? Am I working at developing His character? Am I devoting my life to serving others? Am I communicating His message and fulfilling His mission? Am I loving and participating in his family?
Other thoughts: With God's help, I pray that it will be so forever, for all of us. And for those of us that have just completed the 40 Days of Purpose and reading The Purpose Driven Life, I pray that it will now be a time of implementation and action for each one of us.

"Don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love." (2 Peter 1:5 MSG)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤