Friday, May 12, 2006,11:33 p.m.
Taken by Surprise
Sometimes I am taken by surprise. Oh, not just when someone standing at my office door starts talking to me even though my back is to the door ("surprise" doesn't cover what that does to me....). I mean that even though I've lived a few years on this earth and become used to many things in life, I can still be taken by surprise.

I am sometimes surprised at the beauty (and immense size) of the moon.
I am sometimes surprised by the love of my friends and their enjoyment of my company.
I am sometimes surprised at the way I can forget some things and remember others.
I am sometimes surprised by my own emotions, both good and difficult.
I am sometimes surprised by my dreams.
I am sometimes surprised to see my dreams come about.
I am sometimes surprised at my own strength.
I am sometimes surprised at my own weakness.
I am sometimes surprised at the answers I receive to my prayers.
I am sometimes surprised by the grace of the Father.

What surprises you?
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤