Monday, July 17, 2006,11:31 a.m.
God is Profound
Flipping through my journal this morning, I found a word the Lord spoke to me last April. I thought it was a profound thought, so I decided to share it.

I am Light. The further you are from Me and My light, the darker a place in which you will live. Near and far and darkness and light are relative to the place where one has been living. If you have been living in the place of light, the tiniest movement away from that light will seem utter darkness. But those living apart from Christ - in total darkness - do not know that they live apart from light at all. Their eyes have adjusted to the darkness. Their spirits have adjusted to the darkness.

An interesting thought, and one that sparks my mind to fresh avenues of prayer for the lost and for believers who are not living in the fullness of the light of Christ. It also spurs me on to seek and pursue knowing whether there is more Light than I have been experiencing.

I am absolutely convinced that there is.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤