Wednesday, February 27, 2008,5:29 p.m.
OF NO USE WHATEVER - NICE
Here's a deep thought to chew on for a little while, especially for us as Believers who know that our lives are purposed to fulfill God's plans for us and to bring His name glory.

No matter what God asks us of, executing it does not make us more acceptable to Him or more loved. It is still about BEING, not about DOING. (We should be who He has created us to be and it should be so innately within us that it is not just something that we do. What we end up doing should be because of who we already are, inside and out.)


I love the Message version of Romans 5:8. It is really freeing how concisely it is stated.

But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in
sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.

I love it. I want to be of use to God however He asks me to be. I plan to be, by His grace. But I don't have to be in order to be completely adored by Him.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤