Tuesday, August 12, 2008,9:39 p.m.
IN PONOKA (WHEREVER THAT IS.....)
Hey - I'm on holidays! Not sure whether that means I'll end up with more time to blog or a little less. We'll see. I'm currently in Ponoka, Alberta! (Which I had never heard of until I booked a trip here....) I'm spending some time in a prayer session with family friends tomorrow and then get on a plane for Quebec! I'm heading off to see a friend of mine at the Salvation Army camp in Quebec, somewhere a bit north of Montreal. I WILL be brushing up on my conversational french - we'll see how that goes. I'm imagining a good experience in humility....

Here are a few pictures - will blog again soon!






















Roger's Pass (going through the Rocky Mountains). (Little overexposed, but still, you can see the beauty!)






















A new friend I met at Roger's Pass.




















The Spiral Railway Tunnels (this is the same train, above and below - it goes into the mountain, turns right around and comes out above itself. Does that a couple of times to help it climb the Big Hill.)






















Lake Louise, Alberta.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤