Monday, July 21, 2008,10:35 a.m.
MATT REDMAN ON WORSHIP SONGS (SPECIFICALLY IN REGARDS TO MEN IN THE CHURCH)
This blog may be a bit more bent towards the church teacher or musical worship leader, but I like the concept of what Matt Redman is saying in this interview. I have always had a healthy respect for him, not because of what he's done but because he has consistently appeared to exhibit both a spirit of humility and a desire for more knowledge of what he does. I particularly like that in this video he readily admits he doesn't know it all and that he is even rethinking songs he has written in the past.

Keep your ears open, too, for the admonition to worship songwriters to have our music be "watertight scripturally" and "understood culturally". He explains the last quite well.

As far as the songs we sing and how men in the church relate to them.....I may have to rethink at times what I choose in a worship set. That's going to be a tough call for me, who certainly most easily relates to God as a bride. Growth is good....





(As a "PS" - I just found another interview - totally unrelated - with Tim Hughes (another worship leader) - SAME SUBJECT. Hmmmm....looks like I definitely need to be looking into this concept.)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤