Monday, September 26, 2005,10:21 a.m.
(40 Days of Purpose)
40 DAYS OF PURPOSE
Chapter Two: You Are Not An Accident

Main idea: God planned us each with a specific purpose attached to our lives.
Most impactful verse: "I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned to gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you. (Isaiah 46:3-4 NCV)"
Most impactful concept: Many children are unplanned by their parents, but they are not unplanned by God.
Other thoughts: Lots of times when we speak of purpose we are looking for what we are supposed to do in this life - even do for God. But the truth is that this was not even the sole purpose for which we were created. We were created so that God could shower us with His love. Period. Wow - that's amazing. That in itself makes me want to return that love with love of my own, strewn over His magnificent feet every chance that I get.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤