Monday, January 23, 2006,9:35 p.m.
Blog Blog Blog
Many, many apologies for my lack of blogging in the last couple of weeks! And many thanks for not yelling at me in the comment section to UPDATE!! For a little while, face to face ministry has been superceding cyber ministry (or online time altogether) and for the last few days I've been out of town.

In fact, I thought I'd never get BACK to town this trip! I've been down in Kentucky at the Salvation Army's North American Composers' Forum, and just got home a couple of hours ago - approximately 27 hours after I left. It's like I went from Lexington to Vancouver via Tokyo. (Actually, that might have been faster!) Actually, all that happened was that I missed my Vancouver connection out of Houston - our flight TO Houston was delayed due to the Houston airport having been closed with very bad weather when we were trying to leave the Lexington airport. Of course, by the time my 2 and a 1/2 hour flight to Houston arrived, the weather was great and my Vancouver flight left perfectly on time....about 45 minutes before my Houston flight landed.

So, I had the opportunity to discover that the Airport Marriott in Houston, Texas is a pretty nice hotel, though I did think for a time that I was going to have to sleep in the elevator - that's another story altogether. Praise the Lord for nice fellow travelers who take pity on people who look like morons. (Oh yes, that was most definitely me....) And people wonder why I haven't previously been such a fan of travel..... Every time I travel there seems so far to have been a new and exciting (please read stressful between those lines) experience. Though it means that the next time won't be new and probably won't be stressful. Good lessons. Really good lessons. Some day I'll probably also add the phrase "Good times."

Maybe not until tomorrow.

I'm not sure what this blog is about at all - I still feel like any moment a flight attendant is going to ask me to fasten my seat belt and ensure that my tray table and seat back are in the upright and locked position, and that then my bed is going to either take off or land. My dreams tonight should be very interesting. And perhaps in the next couple of days when I'm more lucid I'll write something a little more normal for this blog....

Until then, may our Lord bless you with peace and joy, and a sustaining strength to fulfill His will.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤