Monday, December 19, 2005,10:42 a.m.
Love Must Rule Me
I typed the hymn "Saviour If My Feet Have Faltered" into the PowerPoint for Sunday morning this weekend, and was incredibly struck by the power of the words and the passion behind this prayer. I thought I'd share it with you....


Saviour, if my feet have faltered
On the pathway of the cross
If my purposes have altered
Or my gold be mixed with dross
O forbid me not Thy service
Keep my yet in Thy employ
Pass me through a sterner cleansing
If I may but give Thee joy!


All my work is for the Master
He is all my heart’s desire
O that He may count me faithful
In the day that tries by fire!

Have I worked for hireling wages
Or as one with vows to keep
With a heart whose love engages
Life or death, to save the sheep?
All is known to Thee, my Master
All is known, and that is why
I can work and wait the verdict
Of Thy kind but searching eye

I must love Thee, love must rule me
Springing up and flowing forth
From a childlike heart within me
Or my work is nothing worth
Love with passion and with patience
Love with principle and fire
Love with heart and mind and utterance
Serving Christ my one desire

(Albert Orsborn, SASB #522)


Pass me through a sterner cleansing....
I must love Thee, love must rule me....
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤