Monday, November 28, 2005,6:07 p.m.
More From Ezekiel
Here are some more tidbits from the book of Ezekiel - revelations of God's character. I know it looks like a long blog, but I promise it's not - it's well worth a read and it only scratches the surface.

(By the way, for those of you interested in Messianic prophecy, it's most certainly not all found in the book of Isaiah! There's a tonne of it in Ezekiel, but I'll let you look for it on your own!)


GOD IS.....

...hurt by our unfaithfulness.

"Then those of you who escape will remember Me among the nations to which they will be carried captive, how I have been hurt by their adulterous hearts which turned away from Me, and by their eyes which played the harlot after their idols; and they will loathe themselves in their own sight for the evils which they have committed, for all their abominations." (Ezekiel 6:9)

...interested in restoration.

"And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God." (Ezekiel 11:19-20)

"They will bear the punishment of their iniquity; as the iniquity of the inquirer is, so the iniquity of the prophet will be, in order that the house of Israel may no longer stray from Me and no longer defile themselves with all their transgressions. Thus they will be My people, and I shall be their God,"' declares the Lord God." (Ezekiel 14:10-11)

...concerned with justice for evil deeds.

"But as for those whose hearts go after their detestable things and abominations, I will bring their conduct down on their heads," declares the Lord GOD. (Ezekiel 11:21)

...lavish in His love for us.

"Then I bathed you with water, washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. I also clothed you with embroidered cloth and put sandals of porpoise skin on your feet; and I wrapped you with fine linen and covered you with silk. I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth You ate fine flour, honey and oil; so you were exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you," declares the Lord God. (Ezekiel 16:9-14)

...desirous that everyone LIVES.

"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord God. "Therefore, repent and live." (Ezekiel 18:32)

"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord God, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'" (Ezekiel 33:11)

...protective of the glory of His name.

"But I acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made Myself known to them by bringing them out of the land of Egypt." (Ezekiel 20:9)

...Israel's (our) defender.

'Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the ravines and to the valleys, "Thus says the Lord God, 'Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and in My wrath because you have endured the insults of the nations.' Therefore thus says the Lord God, 'I have sworn that surely the nations which are around you will themselves endure their insults.'" (Ezekiel 36:6-7)

...on our side.

"'For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you will be cultivated and sown.'" (Ezekiel 36:9)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤