Friday, August 11, 2006,11:53 p.m.
God Speaks
Jesus cares about the little things in our lives. And I think that sometimes it's to teach us that He is trustworthy and will care about the bigger things.

Tonight, hanging out downtown with some friends, someone asked me to ask Jesus where a lost cell phone was. So I did, and immediately felt that Jesus was saying it was in the couch cushions. I was told that they had already looked there, but about 20 seconds later a shout was heard, and there was the cell phone, found under the seat cushions in that very couch! Praise the Lord!

As if that weren't enough, they were looking for a movie a short while thereafter, asked me to ask Jesus where it was, and when I told them that I thought He was saying that someone borrowed it, another girl then said that she felt like He was saying a specific person. Where was the movie? In that person's room, where it was recovered immediately.

God answers prayer. He responds to our questions. He wants to converse with us. If He cares enough to answer us when we are seeking lost cell phones and borrowed movies, imagine how much more He will speak to us when we are seeking direction in our lives or comfort or salvation or protection.

I sometimes figure He's letting us practice on the small things so that we are more confident of hearing His voice in the larger things. (I'm not joking, I often ask Jesus when I'm stuck on a Sudoku puzzle. Practice is practice!)

May we be faithful. He certainly will be.

'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤