Wednesday, July 11, 2007,8:35 p.m.
SASKATCHEWAN!!
Well, I officially made it - I'm in Saskatchewan! For those of you wondering why I would be in Saskatchewan on holidays, a great friend of mine, Raelene Russell, ministers as a pastor here and we were long overdue for a visit!

It was an eventful morning, too! I saw Darren Hailes at the WestJet counter, I saw Bill and Deb Blackman and their son, Liam, check in almost right after me (they flew home to Milton, Ontario, today after Bill spoke at Teen Camp in BC), and I saw Deb's dad, Howard Coulter, since he was dropping them off - thought I might run into a few hundred more people I knew, but had to get on the plane, so that was it! You have to love the airport....

Raelene met me with bright yellow happy-face balloons at the airport, which was cool. Though in true Bakes style, though I heard my name yelled - "Karyn Baker!" - I didn't see her anywhere. Who can miss half a dozen bright yellow happy-face balloons with a person that matches? (Barring the yellowness....) Me, apparently. I am going to claim the excuse that I was walking down the large flight of stairs at the Arrivals part of the Regina airport and didn't want to look away too much and fall (though that might also be able to be classified as fairly accurate Bakes style). Anyway, she found me, we found my bags, and within an hour we were eating and then shopping. Ah, holidays with tight friends are good....

And in case anyone was wondering, I didn't throw any pencils on this plane. Not a one. (Refer to a blog from August 6th, 2006.)

Couple of pictures to prove I'm on the prairies....


 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤