Wednesday, August 20, 2008,9:55 a.m.
IN QUEBEC!
I'm currently in Quebec, where I have discovered (as I mentioned to a friend on e-mail the other night) that while you're waiting for your brain to bring back a language you've studied years ago you end up being a blithering idiot in two languages. I am speaking lots of french but a whole lot less of an acceptable level of English for an anglophone. Good thing I'm not teaching that Communications class this year coming up.....

It turns out that I have no cell service and extremely limited Internet while here at Camp L'Achigan (just outside of St. Jerome - about an hour from Montreal), so this will likely be my only blog until I am home again at the end of the week. There have been some fascinating conversations this week regarding sacrifice verses rejection, which I promise I will expound upon once home. At the moment I am just reeling a bit as I process a lot of God-stuff from the ministry time last Wednesday and the current conversations.

It has been an incredible treat to be here with my dear friend, Raelene, on a last-minute trip to Quebec only made possible by the generosity of a friend who works for WestJet. What has been a added bonus is that another dear friend,
Xander, is here visiting other friends of ours and we have had some time together, too.

Time to go - I will blog again once I'm back in BC and promise more pictures as well....
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤