Friday, July 15, 2005,12:19 a.m.
The Blessing of Community
I was at the first session of the Extreme Prophetic conference last night, and afterwards gathered at a couple of friends' house to spend some time with a bunch of people from downtown Vancouver. As often happens at these gatherings, we went around in a circle and shared what our high point of the evening was. Somehow I didn't end up having to share at that time, and it only occurred to me as I was driving home later that the high point of my evening was spending time with these friends and laughing and talking about our high points (among other things)!

What a blessing it is to be in community - to have others who choose to love you and walk beside you, who you can laugh with and at times even cry with. Healthy community, too - community who will support but also exhort, community that will love but not enable.

I really, really enjoyed the evening. Thanks, Lord.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤