Tuesday, July 26, 2005,12:45 p.m.
God's Crazy Faithfulness
I'm sitting here at the moment working on my preach for tonight's Re:Fuge (youth and young adults' service) and noticed that my laptop battery is charged to 33%. I noticed it on it's way down, too - when it was being used up and only had 33% left, about an hour ago. (Sounds like I'm really into the preach, eh?) Is it odd that those were the only two times I noticed the battery charge?

That number (well, actually usually the number 333) comes up a lot. It is almost like God is continually reminding me that He is faithful to all His promises.

Jeremiah 33:3 says, "'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'" God is faithful - faithful to answer when called upon, every time. Faithful to call us sons of God and share with us great things and knowledge. Crazy.

What is also crazy is how many times this reminder comes up in my life, for example:

When setting the time on my DVD player (yes, I know how to do that), the TV told me it was 3:33. When driving with some friends the other day, I happened to glance at the CD player, and the track it was playing had been going for 3 minutes and 33 seconds. When leaving a tip at a restaurant a while back, I (for once) threw down the total on the Visa slip and backed out what the tip would then be - you guessed it, $3.33. Often, when driving my car, I will glance at the clock as it reads 3:33pm.

When a gentleman wants to remind his lady that he loves her, he might send her flowers. God reminds me that He is faithful by popping up that little number quite regularly. It's almost crazy. And it's completely comforting.

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤