Monday, July 25, 2005,11:24 a.m.
Talk (Only) Really Is Cheap
I was thinking again last night about hypocracy and where it hides in my own life, and how and where these things could be irradicated. I have noticed in my own life a desire to teach with passion and enthusiasm certain revelations that I may have received, and afterwards noticing that at times I am still working towards that revelation being deeply manifested within my own life and beliefs and actions. It often requires going over that same ground again and again and again, until I have really learned it deep within my spirit and it simply comes through my very breath and the pores of my skin.

If God is teaching me patience, and I'm really frustrated with it, have I really learned the lesson yet? If God is teaching me humility, and I'm angry that others don't see the good in me, have I really learned the lesson yet? If I preach that all God's promises are true and He will never fail me, and I'm constantly in despair and despressed about my life, have I really learned the lesson yet?

I pray that all the lessons we receive from the Lord - through the scriptures, His voice, and our daily circumstances - will be lessons that go so deep that we cannot fail but have them be an integral part of our character and knowledge of Him. I pray we would let them go deep as we examine our own lives to be sure we are representing the King and all His glory in the best way possible.

You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. (James 2:22)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤