Thursday, January 26, 2006,11:24 p.m.
I Was Created to Be.....
I found this draft in my posts "pile" this evening. Whenever I see a list like this I am reminded of a quote from the A&E TV movie called "Victoria and Albert" - a movie about Queen Victoria of England and her husband, Prince Albert. The movie shows how Queen Victoria acceded to the throne of the British Empire when she was only barely of age - 18 years old. And in the course of that story line, her governess continually reminds her to "remember who you are."

Remember who you are.

Remember you are many things in the eyes of God. Remember you are greatly and purely loved. Remember that you have a responsibility in the Kingdom. Remember that you were made to bring God pleasure. Remember that you have an enemy who fights against you and tells you lies. Remember that you are forgiven when you repent. Remember that you are gifted and beautiful and created on purpose.

Remember who you are.

I know that many of us have seen these types of lists before, but I think it's good just to review and remember. Let me encourage you to read the below-listed items slowly, perhaps even look up each of the scriptures. And remember who you are in Christ.


But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I laboured even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. (1 Corinthians 15:10)

I am the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I am a child of God. (John 1:12)

I am a part of the true vine, a channel of Christ's life. (John 15:1-8)
I am Christ's friend. (John 15:15)
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His Fruit. (John 15:16)

I am a slave of righteousness. (Romans 6:18)
I am enslaved to God. (Romans 6:22)

I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father. (Romans 8:14-15, Galatians 3:26; 4:6)
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him. (Romans 8:17)

I am a temple -a dwelling place- of God. His Spirit and His life dwells in me. (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19,20)
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him. (1 Corinthians 6:17)

I am a member of Christ's body. (1 Corinthians 12:27, Ephesians 5:30)
I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation. (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
I am a son of God and one in Christ. (Galatians 3:26, 28)

I am an heir of God since I am a son of God. (Galatians 4:6, 7)
I am God's workmanship - His handiwork - born anew in Christ to do His work. (Ephesians 2:10)
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family. (Ephesians 2:19)
I am a prisoner of Christ. (Ephesians 3:1, Ephesians 4:1)
I am hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is in life. (Colossians 3:4)

I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. (Colossians 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 1:4)
I am a son of light and not of darkness. (1 Thessalonians 5:5)

I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling. (Hebrews 3:1)
I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life. (Hebrews 3:14)
I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. (1 Peter 2:5)
I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people chosen for God's own possession. (1 Peter 2:9, 10)

I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live. (1 Peter 2:11)
I am an enemy of the devil. (1 Peter 5:8)
I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns. (1 John 3:1, 2)
I am not the great "I AM" (Exodus 3:14; John 8:24, 28, 58), but by the grace of God, I am what I am. (1 Corinthians 15:10)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤