Thursday, February 09, 2006,2:46 p.m.
Interesting Tid-bit
Here's something I'm not sure I have ever really pondered before, until reading John 6 the other day. (Actually, it IS entirely possible that I've pondered it before, and just completely forgotten about it until I read this again....)

Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?" Now He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray Him. (John 6:70-71)

Jesus actually chose Judas. I guess that makes sense, since Jesus already knew the plan of the cross, and what would have to take place to have that plan executed. But it still struck me all the same - that total devotion to the will of God in His life, even unto rejection by friends, betrayal and death.

May it be so even in our own lives, Lord.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤