Tuesday, December 12, 2006,6:24 p.m.
What's Lacking?
Are you a blogger? Do you ever feel like you've run dry of creative and thought-provoking things to say? Do you ever rebel against writing things that cater to readers' desire to see something either comedic or controversial?

I am / have / do.

Actually, I feel dry. Dry of anything creative or inspiring to say. I often feel a little like a broken record:

"Praise the Lord, He is worthy to be praised."
"Live your life as worship."
"Go deep."
"Don't hold anything back."
"Break out of the molds that we have been raised in to understand God's worship better."
"Worship is more than what we DO, it's intended to be WHO WE ARE."
"Worship is more than just music."

and my most common (though unapologetically still my favourite):

"God's worthiness to be worshipped never changes."

So what's lacking in me that I repeat myself ad naseum (as I'm sure it seems to many)?

Nothing. Really nothing. I have a message. I have a commission from the Lord to teach and to worship and to lead the church (or as much of the church as the Lord gives me a voice to) into a deeper understanding of worship. A deeper desire for worship. Actually, I myself will obviously never achieve that, but being an instrument through which God is available to work this message is what I'm supposed to do.

Repetition of solid truths never hurt anyone. It's one of the main ways I've learned things in my life, I think.

So, what's your message? And big picture - what's our message as the church of the Living God? Time is short. Ad naseum had better be OK until we get it and everyone around us gets it.

And so just what is it?

Love God with abandon.
Love others with selflessness.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
(Mark 12:28-32)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤