Monday, April 14, 2008,9:55 p.m.
EAGLES - GOD IS FAITHFUL

Some of you may remember about a year ago that I talked a lot about eagles, and especially at that time, I was seeing a lot of bald eagles. In fact, in the course of three weeks, I saw 22 eagles, which is a disproportionate amount to see in Vancouver outside of eagle season (which I gather is more in January).

The highlight last year of the eagle sightings was the day that I saw seven eagles in one day. Seven. Seven in the scriptures speaks of completeness, fullness. It spoke to me of the Lord's faithfulness to complete the things that He has promised for my life, both in the scriptures and to me personally.

After those three weeks the eagles sightings stopped. About a month ago, they started again, and I felt that God was reminding me again of how faithful a God He is. I again had a seven-eagle day - amazing! And then, just over a week ago, I saw eight eagles in one day. Needless to say I was overwhelmed. As I studied it out a little, eight seems to be the number in scripture that represents new beginnings.

I thought that was cool until the very next day when I saw sixteen in one day. SIXTEEN. I'm not even kidding. Twenty-four eagles in two days. I am utterly overwhelmed. And I think that is the message that God is trying to get across - He will not only be faithful, but He will overwhelm me with His faithfulness. He is doing just that even now.

I am almost at a loss for words with which to respond except for one thing:

God is good; His steadfast
love endures forever!
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤