Wednesday, April 23, 2008,6:43 p.m.
INCUBATION
Do you ever have one of those moments where someone says something pretty normal but it seems to be God speaking directly to you?

I had one today. Not even a month ago, a parent from the school where I work told me that she believed that, in reference to some things that God has said he's going to do in my life, the "incubation period was almost over." I processed that for a while and then left it to play itself out, as is often wise with prophetic stuff (there wasn't anything to do for this one anyway).

Then today, as one of our teachers was preaching in High School Chapel, he talked about praying for things and asking the Lord for things sometimes for decades. He was talking about the Lord's faithfulness, and then in reference to spending years seeking the Lord for something he said, "Your prayers have been incubating."

I don't know about you, but the word "incubate" in any of its forms is not a word that I ever hear. Quite literally I may not have heard it in years. It seems too much of a coincidence that it all of a sudden would be said twice within a few short weeks of each other.

When I asked God whether that was Him or whether it was simply a coincidence, He said, "Of course it's Me."

Of course.

I love the prophetic voice of the Lord, in all its beautiful forms.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤