Friday, February 13, 2009,5:10 p.m.
CHINESE RADIO
Today's scenario. 4:30pm. Leaving work and driving home. In the car I decided that it felt colder than it has been outside and I was curious to know what the temperature was. I have News 1130 preset on my car radio (which I rarely listen to except for the news) so hit the AM/FM button to turn it on.

I still do not know what the temperature outside is. The reason that even though I listened to the news (I assume) and still do not know what the temperature is is that I listened to the news in Chinese. And the reason that I had to listen to the news in Chinese is because a friend was driving my car on the weekend and changed all my presets to random radio stations.

What's the temperature? It's cold. What's the life expectancy of my (once) dear friend? I don't need Chinese radio to tell me that one - short. Ironically, I found his Bluetooth device in my car and considered "accidentally" crushing it under one of my heels, but decided against it.

What is actually worse is that he tells me that one of the new preset radio stations is country music. His life expectancy just got shorter and his Bluetooth no longer exists......
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤