Tuesday, March 17, 2009,1:36 p.m.
EVERYTHING HE HAS MADE IS GLORIOUS - EVEN US
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?

- David Crowder Band

This song - "You Make Everything Glorious" - just got me thinking about the fact that God does make everything glorious. Granted, we are created and then live in a broken world, at least for a time. But the very idea that God created us to be glorious, to live in fullness, is a beautiful thought.

The thought that always comes immediately after is the reality that the enemy and our broken world - our flesh - have stolen so much of that glory that it is almost unrecognizable at times. The enemy has lied to us. He has set traps and pits for us to fall into and become wounded and broken. We ourselves have lifted our hands and spirits against each other so often. Both make me angry. I am angry that I have to fight so hard for the wholeness and glory that God designed for my life to experience and share. It makes me angry that almost every person I meet is not only unaware of their own being made glorious but they actually believe the exact opposite - that they are not.

The concept of being fallen, broken and trapped always gives rise in me to a deeper understanding of mercy and the need for grace. It also offers a recognition of the injustice that this world offers to us and stirs up my anger against the enemy and his tactics. I want to be free of his lies. I want my friends and family to be free. I want my students and my colleagues to be free. I am looking forward to the day that the enemy is repaid for all his works here on earth.

Until that day, know that you are made to be glorious. God sees you as glorious. He offers you freedom and life. He categorically proclaims your worth. Stand firm against the slavery of the enemy's lies.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let
yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
(Galatians 5:1)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤