Monday, June 05, 2006,10:48 p.m.
BOTTOM Bunks and Random Thoughts
Well, I did get a bottom bunk at this past weekend's youth retreat. Though considering the top part of the bunk was so low that I couldn't sit up in my bottom bunk, I'm not sure I fared a whole lot better (but I didn't fall out - woohoo). Added to that, I set my alarm for PM instead of AM (don't you hate that?) and didn't figure it out until after I was up on the last morning. Praise the Lord for the Holy Spirit alarm - I'm pretty sure it's the only reason I didn't sleep until noon every day.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I didn't intentionally put the comments back on - just forgot to disable them - but was so glad to hear from you all. Heather Dolby - you make me laugh! Hope you're healing well from your servant experience at camp.....


Not much to say tonight - just feeling the need to update. Here are a couple of tidbits:

Currently reading: Captivating (by John and Stasi Eldredge) - I'm not far in, but so far a FANTASTIC book and one that every woman should read to help her to be validated and to understand her role in life and the Kingdom by God's design. It's also a book that every man should read who wants to understand women. (Seriously!)

"The king is enthralled by your beauty...." (Psalm 45:11a)

Thankful today for: Beautiful friends (even though one of my friends was kind (?) enough last night to say I could do better than them. For the record - I highly doubt I could, not for any deficiency in myself but rather for the quality of people that they already are.....).

"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." (Proverbs 17:17)

Today I was reminded: That God is committed to complete and total healing - He is not a God who heals in parts.

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:13-16)

Tonight I'm praying for: A deeper revelation of truth, a more passionate heart of worship, and a better understanding of how to be a Mary while still doing the work of Martha.

"...and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤