Sunday, October 01, 2006,10:10 p.m.
He Makes Me Lie Down....
I had a Psalm 23 moment tonight. The first Sunday of the month is always an energy drainer, between two Sunday services and a service at one of the local care homes. All are enjoyable, but all are a pouring out, so to speak.

Tonight a friend of ours was at the evening service, with her 2-week-old son. I took him a few minutes before the service started and was privileged to rock him until he fell deep asleep, and then I didn't want to let him go. So I was forced to sit as I sang my worship, and understood later that the Lord was making me "lie down" in green pastures and physically rest.

It was great. Granted, the baby snored all the way through the message, but I figure of anyone in the congregation, it was probably OK for him to do that.

What a beautiful treat - the baby, the rest, and the gift from the Lord of both.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul....
(Psalm 23:1-3a)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤