Monday, September 18, 2006,8:18 a.m.
God is Faithful
Well, I thought the next blog opportunity would only end up holding some pictures of Scotland and England, but I find instead myself musing on the faithfulness of God.

God told me over 6 years ago that I would go to Scotland. Six years can be a long time to wait (and to wait with a measure of patience and faith!). But now that this stage of the promise is done and I have seen how God has chosen to be faithful to fulfill it, 6 years seems short. There are other promises that God has given me - some have been around for shorter than 6 years; some have been around for much longer. I wonder if it will seem a short time to wait once they are fulfilled? It's hard to believe just now that I will be amazed at their speed, but I imagine I will, at least in some way. It reminds me that though we are extremely linear in the way we think and the grasp we have on time and its passage, God is actually the Creator of that time and the way it passes. We cannot complain that He has forgotten us; His manner of fulfilling promises is perfect, always perfect.

I can just imagine Abraham, waiting for the promise to be fulfilled that he will be a father of nations, and at nearly 100 years old thinking that God forgot or changed His mind, or perhaps that he, Abraham, had been mistaken in what he thought he heard. Maybe people even tried to talk him out of believing in the promise. And I wonder what he felt when he died still the father of only a handful of offspring - not enough for a nation. But God fulfilled His promise, and in not very many generations to come.

God is faithful.

Once when I asked the Lord for a word for someone I hadn't yet met, He told me that she was faithful. But when I was looking for a scripture to give to her about her faithfulness, I searched the whole Bible and only found passage after passage that spoke of GOD'S faithfulness.

I think there's something in that....

If you're waiting to see the fulfillment of a promise that God has given you - whether a journey, ministry, wisdom, freedom, healing, fullness or something else - be encouraged.

God is faithful.

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:3-6)


ALMOST FORGOT TO POST THIS AS WELL:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY
BROTHER, GREG!!!!!!!
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤