Tuesday, September 19, 2006,11:08 p.m.
A Cool Word from the Lord
I had the coolest word from God today - I thought I'd share it, because it just shows how brilliant God is.

I'm preaching on Sunday morning. Now, when I'm preaching on a Sunday morning, I like to know generally what I'm going to be preaching on by about Monday afternoon. Now, I could actually write the sermon on Saturday - I often preach better when I do that - just as long as I know what the subject is.

The process for figuring out what to preach on is simple - pray and listen. And sometimes wait as well. Mondays are prayer days. But for some reason this Monday I didn't hear anything about what to preach on. No sweat - I should find some time on Tuesday.

Today is Tuesday. This morning when I was getting ready to go to work, I asked the Lord again what I was supposed to preach on. He asked me if I was listening. So I stopped what I was doing and listened. He said, "The art of worship."

Ummmm......what? What is THAT? Did God turn into a Newfoundlander and speak to me about the "heart" of worship with an accent? (My Newfie co-worker assures me that then it would have been "d'art of worship." Weird.)

And then the day began, and it wasn't until about 3:00 that I had a chance to sit down at my computer and listen again and hope and fervently pray for either a better answer or at least an explanation of what the "art" of worship is.

So I asked the Lord what the art of worship was. And this is what I heard:

'The art of worship is the execution of worship - the playing out of the heart that overflows “with a good theme.” The things that are done to glorify My Name and to outwardly express the heart that is living as a worshipper. '

Seriously - I think God is BRILLIANT.


My heart overflows with a good theme; I address my verses to the King; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. (Psalm 45:1)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤