Friday, October 06, 2006,9:57 p.m.
Thankfulness
This weekend is Thanksgiving. I'm not sure why that all of a sudden struck me, as I'm well aware of the fact. But I think for me Thanksgiving has turned into two things annually: (1) When will family dinner be able to be scheduled in, and (2) what impact does that have on the elements in our Sunday morning church service.

I think I'm missing the point.

As I began to ponder what I'm thankful to the Lord Almighty for, I was struck by how much there is - I couldn't begin to blog it all, without any exaggeration. And I was struck by how many of those things are the actual people in my life. And I was filled with a desire to both tell the people in my life what a blessing they are to me - each and every one - and also pour out to the Lord thanksgiving for everything with which He has provided me. He is amazing.

I have a great desire to write down the names of the people that I am currently thanking the Lord for, but I fear I will either leave someone out so it looks like they didn't make the list, or creep someone out who actually did. (Haha!) However, I really want you all to know how much you are loved and appreciated, and that you are a blessing with which the Lord has incredibly graced me.

I love you. May the Lord be praised for His gift of each of you in my life.

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers.... (Philemon 1:4)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤