Wednesday, December 13, 2006,10:16 p.m.
More! (Continued from previous post)
There have been a couple of comments on the post below that are great and kept me thinking about the sharing of the message(s) we have been given. Though you're better to take a moment and read them for yourself, they contained, in a nutshell, this advice:

(a) Don't repeat truths just for the sake of repetition - it risks devaluing the message into mere words

(b) Don't change things just for the sake of changing things or to try and make them more palatable - it risks compromising the message for the sake of the medium

I think both of these are solid truths.

What both of these comments sparked me to realize is that, at least for me, my most powerful medium for my message is my own excitement and the fact that I'm speaking from my own experience and revelation of God.

The obvious conclusion seems to me to be to continue to seek that fresh revelation, even of known truths. To never be satisfied with what I already know or have experienced but seek to know more, experience more, and receive more fullness from the Lord in every part of my relationship with Him so that I may serve more, share more, and love more. My message may not in its core substance change - after all, God's worthiness to be worshipped does NOT ever change - but I think in my own continuing to dive even deeper into what those words and God's worship means, I can share even deeper things with others, too.

So bring it on! More, Lord! Deeper, Lord! Fresh revelation of You!


(To both Betty and Stephen - thanks. In your comments I experienced true fellowship - the sharing of conversation (in this instance) about God that spurred me on in my relationship with Him. Cool. May you be blessed for it!)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤