Wednesday, July 18, 2007,9:09 p.m.
ATTEMPTED AMBUSHES and FALLING STARS
So apparently I need to blog - I got an e-mail from my dad this evening that said this:

"Been following your vacation on your blog... but notice you haven't entered anything for a couple of days.... did the giant-woman-eating-butterfly/moth sneak up behind you and ambush you?"

That's just in case any of you were wondering where I get my weird sense of humour. Between the Baker side and the Smith (my mom's) side of the family, I was completely hooped from the start.

Obviously, the news of my incredible skills in self-defense have preceded me everywhere I have been in the last couple of days, and the butterfly/moth has wisely decided not to press his luck even in a surprise attack. Good bug. On to educate the mosquitoes....


One great thing yesterday - a lifetime first - after coming home from a show in Regina, Raelene and I stayed outside for a few minutes looking at the multitude of stars - far more than you can see in Vancouver with all its city lights - and I saw a falling star!! Stunningly beautiful. And then, after seeing my first ever falling star, I saw another one!

Always after seeing such incredible beauty in nature I am forced to wonder how people can reconcile themselves to not believing in God....


Couple of pictures:

River Park in Weyburn, SK (and the Souris River)....



Saskatchewan is called the "Land of the Living Skies" for good reason....

Raelene and I at dinner before the show (Oliver Twist!) last night (I SERIOUSLY need a tan)....

 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤