Thursday, August 25, 2005,9:13 p.m.
Take Your Victory
Battles are bloody. People get hurt. People are lost, both to the enemy and to death. Battles are bloody.

Spiritual battles can also be bloody. People can get hurt. People can also be lost, both to the enemy and to death.

I don't think it's much revelation to the church that we are in a battle. But I feel as though many times people in the church forget that we are victorious in these battles - Christ has already won the victory, so go ahead and fight the battle! (I read the end of the book - we win!) If we truly believe that God is over all and in all and through all (Ephesians 4:6), that His light is more powerful than any forces of darkness in this world, why are we often in despair? Do we forget? I think we often do - we decide that no matter how powerful God thinks He is our circumstances are worse, our burdens are heavier and our wounds are deeper than anything He could deal with or correct.

IT IS RUBBISH.

How can I state it any clearer than that? It's just another part of the battle. And it's a LIE. Throw it out. Here are a few reminders of the truth:

But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation, my God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy - though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me. (Micah 7:7-8)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)

The king is not saved by a mighty army; a warrior is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a false hope for victory; nor does it deliver anyone by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope for His lovingkindness, to deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name. Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in You. (Psalm 33:16-22)

You are my King and my God, who decrees victories for Jacob. Through You we push back our enemies; through Your name we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but You give us victory over our enemies, You put our adversaries to shame. (Psalm 44:4-7)

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; my lovingkindness and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and He in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me. (Psalm 144:1-2)

There are so many truths about the power of God and His protection of us and His victory in everything that I cannot begin to write even a small portion of them down. (If you want to read more, head to www.biblegateway.com and search the words victory, light/darkness and battle.)

The victory is the Lord's. The battle, even, is the Lord's. It is within our own weakness and inability to rout the enemy that God's power and strength and love for us are truly shown. It is His glory. It is His strength. And it is His great pleasure to save us and deliver us from all the plans of the enemy. Do not allow yourself to fall into the trap of believing that God cannot or will not or even has not given you the victory. It is His. And He gives it to you.

"...and that all this assembly may know that the LORD does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the battle is the Lord's and He will give you into our hands." (1 Samuel 17:47)

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

...one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. (Ephesians 4:6)
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤