Monday, February 26, 2007,7:02 p.m.
TRUTH
Last night at our church meeting we were studying John 18. There were lots of things mentioned, and I'm sure one or two main points, but the one that stuck out to me the most was a question: Are you seeking the truth?

As I read the comments that have been left here for the last few weeks, I find that there are many different people reading this blog.

There are those who are seeking the truth. To you I say the immortal words: Seek and you will find. Pursue truth. Face it. Stare at it. Let it refine you and mold you. Love it. Grasp it. Know it. Feed off of it.

There are those who have already heard the truth and need to hear it again. To you I say: Keep fighting the lies. Keep your chin up and run forwards towards the prize of Jesus Christ. Recite the truth daily. Go deep and find more truth. May your foundations be strengthened.

There are those who have heard the truth, rejected it, and are looking for a different truth - one that is more palatable for them. To you I say: Turn around and face the Saviour. Stop running. Stop accepting the excuses that you find yourself using and instead dive in to the love of the truth of God. Don't be afraid. Avoiding the truth will only leave you continually in that circular motion that leads nowhere except further away from the light of Jesus' face and the beautiful truth that is for your life.

And I fear that there are those who think that this blog (and perhaps its writer) contain the truth. To this I must respond with a harsh reality and a desire to share that reality in great love. It is this: I am not that truth. I have never been the truth. I am not the key that will unlock the chains of pain and loneliness that you have been experiencing. I am not your saviour. I am not your answer. I am only meant to be a signpost - a pointer towards the place where your truth, your healing and your wholeness are to be found. Not even always a shepherd, but just another sheep who can share where she has found some green pastures from which to find nourishment. Please - I feel I am begging, but I cannot do less - protect the glory of the Father. Do not allow what is rightfully His - the reliance and faith of which He alone is worthy - to be replaced by something or someone that is tangible in the moment. I will not always be here. I will fail. He will always be here. He will never fail. He is not only the author of all the truth that you need, but He Himself is the truth. And the way. And your life. What you are seeking here or in other places can only be found in Him. Face the Truth. Face the Saviour. Face Him. Do not be afraid.

If you are someone who regularly leaves comments, thank-you. But you will notice that there is no place to comment on this particular blog. That is not an accident, nor is it permanent, but for tonight I want anyone who reads this to stop for a moment and ask the Lord for their own truth. Who are you in this? Are you a seeker of truth? Have you forgotten where the only truth is found? Perhaps none of these is you and something different still fits.

Whatever it is, seek the truth. Glorify the Father. And be blessed with where Truth will lead you.
 
posted by Karyn Baker
Permalink ¤